Topics

Islay Creek Campground Blackpoll Warbler

Jim Royer

This afternoon, Jeanette Stone and I had a fall plumage Blackpoll Warbler Warbler in the Campground at Montana de Oro State Park. It was in a very active flock, between the two campground loops, in the area of campsite 30. The flock had several Hermit Warblers, Townsend’s Warblers, Yellow and Wilson’s Warblers, Bushtits, etc.

Earlier in the day another mixed flock had a MacGillivray's Warbler, male Black-throated Gray Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Bushtits, etc.

Jeanette saw the male and female American Redstarts in the back campground loop, in the pines with other birds.

My complete eBird list for today can be found at
https://ebird.org/checklist/S73115077, not including additional birds that Jeanette had.

Jim Royer
Los Osos