Topics

eBird Outage Nov 17-19 - help spread the word

Tom Edell

For everyone that uses eBird, please read the below announcement.

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA

Dear eBird Regional Editors,

As you are likely aware, eBird's long-term database migration from Oracle to Postgres will be coming to an end on November 17-19. This means that all of eBird will be down on those days - including the review tools, as well as the Macaulay Library, Birds of the World - everything. More information is here: https://ebird.org/news/database-update-november-17-19-maintenance

While we will have a notification system in eBird Mobile to warn users about this, we can't reach everyone. Please feel free to distribute this information to your local birding listservs, Whatsapp groups, or other channels, including the link to the homepage article above.

Thanks for your help, and I sincerely hope everyone will be able to enjoy birding in an eBirdless world for a few days!

Best,

John Garrett

eBird Project Assistant

Tom Edell