[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Rufous Hummingbird (2 reports)
- Least Bittern (1 report)

Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) (1)
- Reported Jul 10, 2022 15:37 by Sam Larkin
- Meadow Park--San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2675798,-120.6606531&ll=35.2675798,-120.6606531
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "In the Bottlebrush trees"

Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) (1)
- Reported Jul 10, 2022 07:12 by Sam Larkin
- Meadow Park--San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2675798,-120.6606531&ll=35.2675798,-120.6606531
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "In the Bottlebrush trees in middle of park"

Least Bittern (Ixobrychus exilis) (1)
- Reported Jul 10, 2022 11:15 by Reef Comer
- Whale Rock Reservoir, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4636527,-120.8708239&ll=35.4636527,-120.8708239
- Comments: "Seen at somewhat of a distance in flight and perched in reeds in NE arm of reservoir. Unmistakable; very small orangish heron with black back and crown, tawny wings, and yellowish legs. I know one was recorded here last summer. Given the excellent habitat and time of year, this could be a potential breeding spot. Too far for pics."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Rose-breasted Grosbeak (1 report)

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2022 11:11 by Heather O'Connor
- Little Morro Creek Rd. — quarry, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.378497,-120.852168&ll=35.378497,-120.852168
- Comments: "Seen with BHGR in the ravine across from the quarry."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- White-winged Scoter (1 report)
- Rose-breasted Grosbeak (2 reports)

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 13, 2022 11:23 by Nick Belardes
- Morro Bay Harbor, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3699,-120.857&ll=35.3699,-120.857
- Media: 8 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. Photos"

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2022 09:16 by Ann Vaughan
- Little Morro Creek Road, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3873006,-120.8244824&ll=35.3873006,-120.8244824
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Male associating with the Black-headed Grosbeaks. He did not appear to vocalize."

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 11, 2022 10:15 by Heather O'Connor
- Little Morro Creek Road, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3873006,-120.8244824&ll=35.3873006,-120.8244824
- Comments: "Male seen as I left birding east end of Little Morro Creek Rd. at the quarry. It flew up the stone wall where the GHOW previously nested. Black back with white wing bars and white belly. Bright rose just above belly. I had to check my bird book so the delay in submitting."