[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Calliope Hummingbird (2 reports)

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2021 16:10 by Pamela Warren
- HSLOCGPW, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3002119,-120.6861285&ll=35.3002119,-120.6861285
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Same as previous: Likely juvenile male. Chin “striping” starting to show. Tail feather and wings same length when seated. Call is that of Calliope vs Rufous/Allen’s. Much smaller than the Anna’s it’s chasing away in vicinity. Chin feathers are emerging as the color of Calliope. No copper color anywhere on body. I have video w vocalizations but the website doesn't accept video. I converted to audio only but please be careful with your hearing when listening - someone was unfortunately running a blower nearby at same exact time of the sighting."

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Jul 19, 2021 16:21 by Pamela Warren
- HSLOCGPW, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3002119,-120.6861285&ll=35.3002119,-120.6861285
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Likely juvenile male. Chin “striping” starting to show. Tail feather and wings same length when seated. Call is that of Calliope vs Rufous/Allen’s. Much smaller than the Anna’s it’s chasing away in vicinity. Chin feathers are emerging as the color of Calliope. No copper color anywhere on body."