Dozer and Neil- Long-billed Curlew Update

RoserComeau

I wanted to provide you with an update on the two satellite tagged Long-billed Curlews that spent much of last year in the Morro Bay area. Dozer returned to his nesting area in Indian Valley, ID in late March. The Curlew Crew was able to put a transmitter on Dozer's mate, "Mimi, aka alpha leg band "ME". It will be interesting to see if both birds overwinter on the CA coast. I am still waiting to hear if their nesting attempt was successful.

I am very sad to report that LV Neil is no longer with us. His monitor went down sometime around April 20th.  There was obvious evidence of avian predation, and the transmitter was recovered.

Carol Comeau
Los Osos