Cloister’s Park 1/20

Liam&Kilian Hampl <thomshe@...>

Today we went to Cloister’s park, and, after some searching, found the Brewer’s sparrow with his white-crowned sparrow buddies.

A few things of note;

While looking for the Brewer’s, we stumbled upon a pipit, that struck me as odd. It was noticeably larger than the nearby American Pipits, and had buffy, almost reddish patches in front of the wrists of its wings. It did have dark legs. Probably just a strange American Pipit, but worth keeping an eye out for.

Along with the Brewer’s sparrow and his friends, a supposed ZONOTRICHIA sparrow HYBRID was also around. It resembled a Golden-crowned Sparrow in breeding plumage, but had a orangish, somewhat bicolored bill, like a White-crowned Sparrow and a very dark stripe, going through the eye, matching the black crown in coloration.

Kilian and Liam Hampl
Arroyo Grande

Liam&Kilian Hampl <thomshe@...>

We also found an apparent intersex mallard at the pond.

Kilian and Liam Hampl
Arroyo Grande