Carrizo Birds

Will Knowlton

There was a Lapland Longspur along the east side of Branch Mountain Road in the northern Carrizo at these coordinates: 35.3479369, 120.0229995. After taking a few photos through my scope, I then tried to move to a better viewing location where the sun wouldn't be in my eyes, but I was unable to relocate the bird after that. It was in with a small flock of Horned Larks and might have joined the massive flock of Horned Larks in the field to the west of the road. https://ebird.org/checklist/S78018443

I made a quick stop near the intersection of Soda Lake Road and Simmler Road and had a Brewer's Sparrow and four Vesper Sparrows near the first little parking area along Simmler. https://ebird.org/checklist/S78023596

Will Knowlton
San Luis Obispo