From: "Rebecca Marschall" <rebecca.fenning@...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] LA Birders Webinar: Tricky Tringa ID
Date: July 16, 2021 at 1:00:00 PM PDT

Hello birders,

You are invited to join Los Angeles Birders for the next installment of our id webinar series:

Slashes, sp.s, and identification (or not): Tricky Tringas and Special Guests
with Andy Birch
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 7:00 PM

Greater, Lesser Yellowlegs and Solitary Sandpiper are not too dissimilar and can sometimes be trickier to separate than many people realize, especially when they are on their own and you can’t gauge size. Andy will take us through the identification of this elegant family of shorebirds whose range extends across North America and Eurasia and we’ll compare with common LA County confusion species.

Join us as Andy Birch helps us to sort out those tricky Tringas and their friends.

**

CONNECTION INFORMATION: A link to the YouTube livestream will be posted on the LA Birders website at 6:55pm, five minutes before the webinar start time. If you are unable to attend, this webinar *will* be recorded and made available on our website for later (or repeat) viewing.

PLEASE NOTE: The program will include some interactive quizzes on the member-only Zoom platform (though livestream viewers will see/hear the quiz photos/sounds, they won’t be able to participate in the live polling functionality).

**

BECOME A MEMBER! Though our webinars will always remain free and available to all, members of Los Angeles Birders have access to live webinars via Zoom, allowing for more interactivity with presenters -- and the ability to participate in quizzes. Members also receive priority sign-up for LAB events and will receive discounts on paid LAB programs in the future. To learn more about membership, please see our website!

**

SAVE THE DATE(S) for upcoming webinars:
* August 10 - Seabirds of Southern California Part One: The Tubenoses with Jon Feenstra
* August 17 - Slashes, sp.s, and identification (or not): Raptors in flight with Dessi Sieburth

Good birding,
Rebecca Marschall
Valley Village

--