Brewer's Sparrow and LA Birders Webinar: Female Hummingbirds

Tom Edell

The Brewers Sparrow continued at Cloisters Park in Morro Bay today. As usual, it was seen in the area between the paved path along the north side of the park and the fence line separating the backyard of several homes, some that have seed feeders.

On another note, I am forwarding an announcement for those of you that have not heard about the LA Birders Webinars. The webinars are well done and packed with useful information. Past webinars are available for viewing on the website.

For those still mystified by female hummingbirds, you will find the most recent webinar valuable. It gives tips on how to separate females. Try taking the before and after photo test to see what you learned. And please note that the program points out that female Rufous and Allen’s are inseparable, even by call.

Consider becoming a member to support LA Birders and its webinars.

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA