Bob Jones birds

Rubba Johanna

5/16 & 17 walk along the Bob Jones Trail as far as the golf course. Very birdy, especially many songs, calls, notes.

Birds seen:

Junco, CA Towhee, Spotted Towhee, Chickadee, Green Heron, CA Goose, possible Cackling Goose, CA Goslings, Snowy Egret, Bushtits, Hermit Thrush, Swallows (Northern Rough-winged?), possible Swift, Wilson's Warbler

Birds heard:

Nutall's Woodpecker, Red-shouldered hawk, Kingfisher, Purple Finch, Song Sparrow, Pied-Billed Grebe, Black-headed Grosbeak, Cliff Swallow, Swainson's Thrush, Pacific Coast Flycatcher, Lesser Goldfinch, Anna's Hummingbird, American Robin.

I heard numerous songs I could not identify. One sounded warbler-like and was the longest song I've ever heard. Is there a bird known for that? I recorded several songs. I need to get my inventory of songs up on xenocanto. I have quite a few.

I was hunting wildflowers as well; an all-around nature extravaganza. Being surrounded by bird sound was delightful.

Johanna Rubba
Grover Beach