Topics

Black-and-white Warbler at Islay Creek Campground, Montana de Oro SP

Kevin Zimmer

Yesterday (June 12) afternoon, I went to Islay Creek Campground to look for the Red-eyed Vireo. I spent an hour or so hanging out in what I was told was the vireo’s favorite spot, without seeing or hearing any signs of it. I did, however, see a male Black-and-white Warbler in a cypress directly across the campground road from the work yard area (on the creek side of the road). This was at about 4:45 p.m. Also had a small Bobcat hunting gophers in the campground.

I stopped by the Turri Road ponds on my way back home, and the pair of Black-necked Stilts were still there.