Birding around Morro Bay this morning

Kaaren Perry

I spent a couple of hours checking out a few of my favorite spots this morning.

Yellow-breasted Chat - Turri Rd heard chattering and whistling in the willows across from the corral. Jeff Miller arrived shortly and we were able to share the moment until the Chat became silent.

While I have seen one Swainson's Thrush this season this was my first one heard singing- Chorro Willows.

Lazuli Buntings, both male and female seen at multiple locations.

Dipped on the Solitary Sandpiper at the seasonal pond on Turri, reported on ebird yesterday.

Kaaren