American Redstart at Oceano Campground (plus some campground info)

Eve Martin

Hi there!  The adult male American Redstart found by Will Knowlton on May 26th continues this morning at Oceano Campground.  It was singing the entire time we were there, about 9-10am, and came to the front of the willows along the road for some decent looks for maybe 20 minutes.  A few more details in the eBird report here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S91079517

The campground can be a little confusing for first-time visitors as there's no day-use parking.  But there's plenty of parking on the street outside of the entrance.  The redstart has often been seen along the "authorized access only" road at the far north end of the campground.  Don't be tempted to take the first "Authorized Vehicles Only" road you see!  Keep walking on the main road as it forks to the right and continue to follow the road to the left as it leaves the campsites.  Here are the coordinates where we saw the bird today:

N 35°06'42.9624" W 120°37'36.5232"

~Eve
Eve Martin
Del Mar, California