American Redstart--at last! And--bullfrog?

Rubba Johanna

Headed out around 9 am this morning and finally saw the Redstart in it usual place, the willows on the west side of the service road up near the maintenance yard. It sand continuously. At one point, it flew to the other side of the road in towards the path, but returned to the willows.

I walked bath via the lagoon path, and heard a loud croaking as of a bullfrog. I thought it was on the other side of the pond, but, as I rounded a curve, there was a loud plop at my feet and the croaking stopped. I know we have frogs, but bullfrogs? Further along near Pier Ave. I heard faint croaking on the far side of the pond. More frogs?

Johanna Rubba
Grover Beach