Morro Coast Audubon presents:  Birding for Beginners

This is a special two-part offering that includes a workshop and a field trip.

WORKSHOP:       Birding for Beginners Workshop Part 1

DATE:                  Saturday, July 9, 2022

TIME:                     9:30am to 12:00pm

LEADER:              Robbie Revel

CO-LEADER:       Karen Watts

 Workshop is limited to 12 participants.

In the Workshop Part 1, you will learn the skills needed to master birding as a hobby. A slide presentation, discussion and use of bird mounts will allow participants to practice making the types of observations necessary in identifying birds. We will learn to use binoculars and spotting scopes, and learn about resources available for ongoing skill building. The workshop will be held at the Audubon Office in Morro Bay. Restrooms are available.

FIELD TRIP:         Birding for Beginners, Part 2

LOCATION:         State Park Marina Boardwalk

DATE:                    Wednesday, July 13, 2022

TIME:                     9:00am - 11:30am

LEADER:              Karen Watts

CO-LEADER:       Robbie Revel

Trip is limited to 12 participants.

Take a leisurely walk along the Marina Boardwalk with Robbie and Karen as we practice making quality observations using binoculars and spotting scopes, and using bird books and apps to identify some of our common birds. Participation in Part 1 is helpful but not required.

Wear a hat, sturdy shoes and layers as it can be windy. Bring binoculars, sunscreen, water and snacks as needed.  Restrooms are available at the campground and adjacent to the Bayside Café. Rain cancels.

Experience Level: Beginning Birders

RSVP and Proof of Full COVID Vaccination Required for both the Workshop and Field Trip!

To register, CLICK HERE. You will receive an email either to confirm your reservation or to notify you that you are on the waiting list. Exact meeting location will be given to those with confirmed reservations.

Questions? Email Robbie Revel Robbie@...

1wnkbt3o1HWHRoVLQElDleAMPDGqEFEJUVOrN-n4MrOo7P65nSZX8_PMvWOuweCo.jpeg