The odd couple (really!)

David L. Keeling

Hi all,

Friday at Pismo Creek mouth, while enjoying the Reddish Egret, and Osprey flew in and stood seemingly shyly and in want of privacy for a little late afternoon bathing.   Over a period of a few minutes the Osprey was joined first by a Snowy Egret, and then by the Reddish Egret.   They were easily within a meter of each other at one time.   It was absolutely remarkable.   I'd be happy to hear if anyone has ever seen these birds so close together.   Maybe they were sharing tips on fish-catching?   The believe-it-or-not photos are on my flickr site (with a lovely white-tailed kite taken later on).

Resonses welcome!

Dave Keeling
Morro Bay

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_morro_bay_keeling/