Mountain Bluebird at Morro Strand

Tom Edell

Just a heads up that Bob Toleno reported a female type Mountain Bluebird at Morro Strand State Beach this morning. Entering the beach at the corner of Hatteras and Beachcomber St, it was observed foraging in the dunes just past the end of the pathway.  Both Ann Vaughan and I looked separately for it without luck. I scanned up and down the dunes though it would not have had to move far for me to miss it. Good indication that this species is on the move and could be at other locations like along Turri Road.

I did manage to find the American Redstart that Will Knowlton reported earlier. It was still along the drainage between the north side of the Morro Bay High School and the Cloister’s development. I saw it in the area around the small pool of water in the drainage. There was a lot of bird activity at that spot.

The immature male Eurasian Wigeon continued at Cayucos Creek this morning. I received a report of a Nashville Warbler seen in fennel on the southeast side of the Ocean Ave Bridge this morning.

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA

--

Tom Edell