Topics

Request: scope

Rubba Johanna

Hi, all
I'd like to respectfully request that folks indicate in their posts whether it's necessary to use a scope to get a view of a bird sufficient for ID. Thanks!

Johanna Rubba
Grover Beach

Thomas Slater

In general? Good idea. 
If referring to Geese, they were maybe only 40 yards away.

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 8:55 AM, Rubba Johanna <jer72701@...> wrote:

Hi, all
I'd like to respectfully request that folks indicate in their posts whether it's necessary to use a scope to get a view of a bird sufficient for ID. Thanks!

Johanna Rubba
Grover Beach

Rick Derevan

From the motel lot, a scope is a good idea. If you drive a little further up the coast, then park on the highway 1 shoulder and walk to the bluff's edge, then a scope is not necessary, but it's possible the geese will be below the top of the rock, in which case, they are not visible from there. So I would take a scope, check them out from the motel lot, then if they're on the top, drive up a little further and walk. My photos here, from the further north location to give you an idea:

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:06 AM Thomas Slater via Groups.Io <tomslaterphotography=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
In general? Good idea. 
If referring to Geese, they were maybe only 40 yards away.

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 8:55 AM, Rubba Johanna <jer72701@...> wrote:

Hi, all

Johanna Rubba
Grover Beach