Pacific Golden-Plover, Pt. Sierra Nevada

marlin harms

After having missed this bird earlier I tried again today.  Kaaren Perry and Maggie Smith were already looking when I got there and we walked the entire beach without seeing the bird.  While I continued south, they walked back over the same beach and found the bird, but by the time I got there they had lost it.  Together we could not re-find it, but after they left I did find it, in about the middle of the beach.  After I had watched it a while, something startled the shorebirds and the golden-plover flew into the dunes. Its alternate plumage is coming in nicely.  I posted a couple distant photos at  https://www.flickr.com/photos/marlinharms/

Marlin Harms
Morro Bay

Wes Fritz

Nicely done!!!

Thank you for sharing.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
Solvang CA

On May 3, 2018, at 5:07 PM, marlin harms <marlin93442@...> wrote:

After having missed this bird earlier I tried again today.  Kaaren Perry and Maggie Smith were already looking when I got there and we walked the entire beach without seeing the bird.  While I continued south, they walked back over the same beach and found the bird, but by the time I got there they had lost it.  Together we could not re-find it, but after they left I did find it, in about the middle of the beach.  After I had watched it a while, something startled the shorebirds and the golden-plover flew into the dunes. Its alternate plumage is coming in nicely.  I posted a couple distant photos at  https://www.flickr.com/photos/marlinharms/

Marlin Harms
Morro Bay

njmann90

Marlin.  I'm really unclear on exactly where Pt. Sierra Nevada Beach is in terms of mileage north of a landmark.  Could/would you help me out?  Thanks.
Nancy

--
Nancy Jean Mann
San Luis Obispo

"A duck a day!!!!"  William Henry "Hank" Deveraux, Jr.'
“On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”  H.L. Mencken

'I've seen so much stupid in my years that I can't remember all of it,'  2014 James Turner

marlin harms

It's a hole-in-the-fence pullout on the ocean side of Highway One about (very approximately) 1/2 mile north of the bridge at Arroyo de la Cruz.--Marlin

bocabird@...