Turri Rd. Ponds Baird's Sandpiper #3- probable adult #3-

Kaaren Perry

While checking out Turri Rd. ponds this morning Maggie Smith and I observed a Baird's Sandpiper in the same general area as the previously reported 2 juvenile Baird's. This bird did not have the fresh, buffy plumage of the juveniles and there were other aspects of plumage that drew our attention to this individual. After reviewing the photos and doing a bit more research, it is probable that this is an adult Baird's Sandpiper. A few distant photos were taken but it would be appreciated if closer photo confirmation could be gotten. This is an age of Baird's Sandpiper that is seldom reported in the county.

The 2 juvenile Baird's were still being seen as of 11:00 am. 8/8

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay