Sharp-shinned nests

CarolC7529@...

I have found 2 sharp-shinned nests in the county. The one Eric mentioned at
Huff's Hole was in a bay tree in a steep side canyon off of the main Huff's
Hole drainage. I visited that nest a couple of times during incubation. The
other was in a willow tree on the Santa Margarita Ranch in the Trout Creek
riparian strip. This nest fledged young. Several years ago Brian Hatfield
told me he saw a sharp-shinned hawk in the pines near San Simeon point late
in the season (early June or ?) and I went in there searching for a nest but
struck out.

John Roser