SLOCo Tricolored Blackbird Surveys

Tom Edell

Greetings,

I thought I let the group know that the Tricolored Blackbird Californica 2000
Statewide Census will be held on Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23.
Anyone interested in participating in the census should contact Bill
Hamilton, University of California, Davis by email at:
wjhamilton@.... For those interested there will be a natural history
and census taking workshop held in Santa Nella (I-5 & Hwy 33) on Saturday,
April 8, 2000. The goal of the census is to collect statewide information
from which important trends an be identified. Data from 1999 surveys
suggests a continuing sharp deline in the number of observed tricolors.

There are a number of known historical nesting locations in SLOCo and
probably a few unknown locations. I would appreciate hearing about the
location of any SLOCo nesting sites known by the listserv membership.
Thanks.....

Tom

Tom Edell
Cayucos, CA