[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>
*** Species Summary:
- Hooded Merganser (1 report)
- Reddish Egret (1 report)
- American Pipit (1 report)
- Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in San Luis Obispo County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN36231
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus) (1)
- Reported Sep 13, 2021 07:41 by Tom Edell
- Hwy 58--historic Salinas River Bridge, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4085437,-120.5671728&ll=35.4085437,-120.5671728
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S94618849
- Comments: "Brief views of this bird from the north side of the Hwy 58 Bridge before it swam into the overhanging willows. Age and sex not determined. Most notable features were the small size, thin merganser type bill and the horizontal white streaks on the wings. Returned to the bridge before leaving and saw water disturbance as it moved into the over hanging willows. Suspect this is one of the birds from the confirmed breeding up river at the Pilitas Road Bridge."
Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1)
- Reported Sep 13, 2021 19:04 by Johanna Kisner
- Pismo State Beach, Pismo Beach US-CA (35.1324,-120.6395), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.132408,-120.639535&ll=35.132408,-120.639535
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S94632727
- Comments: "Small dark egret dancing while foraging in estuary"
American Pipit (Anthus rubescens) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2021 12:20 by Craig Sells
- Estero Bluffs State Park, Cayucos US-CA 35.44819, -120.92948, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.44819,-120.929481&ll=35.44819,-120.929481
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S94634207
- Comments: "Immmediate impression pipet. Paler, buffy, streaky, slender."
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) (Setophaga coronata auduboni) (1)
- Reported Sep 13, 2021 08:45 by Long-eared Owl
- Pecan street, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1121975,-120.5960095&ll=35.1121975,-120.5960095
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S94624733
- Comments: "Sharp "chek" noise coming from a maple tree."
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert
Manage your eBird alert subscriptions: