UPDATE: Access to Pt. Buchon Trail -- Reddish Egret, Coon Creek mouth, Pt Buchon Trail

Mike Bush

Hi Sloco Birders -

I just saw a sign at the entrance to Pt. Buchon Trail stating that they are CLOSED MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS.

They close today at 5pm, reopen Wednesday at 8am.

You could still have views of Coon Creek mouth from the Coon Creek trail towards the bluffs, although access to Coon Creek Beach is sketchy from that direction.

Care for our birds while birding.

Mike Bush
Los Osos

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021, 15:04 Mike Bush via groups.io <mbushii=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sloco Birders -

Jay Carroll found a Reddish Egret at the creek mouth of Coon Creek at 1:30pm.

I refound it at 2:20pm in the brackish water of the creek mouth, actively canopy feeding. I walked to the creek mouth by way of Pt. Buchon Trail.

It was still there at 3pm.

Pt. Buchon Trail closes at 5pm.