Satellite-tagged Long-billed Curlew Update

RoserComeau

Mimi, Dozer's mate, left their breeding grounds in Indian Valley. She started moving south on June 14 and is currently in Nevada. In early June Heather Hayes (with the Intermountain Bird Observatory) found one egg that looked like a predator had gotten to it. Heather recently received a call from a rancher in the area who reported seeing an adult with two young birds. So, there is hope that perhaps Dozer and Mimi had some nesting success. As a reminder, Petra Clayton first encountered Dozer on Morro Strand Beach on June 21, 2020.

Heather is looking for more curlew trackers. The job is easy! Once or twice a week you check the Movebank data site to make sure your bird's transmitter is working. It takes about 10 minutes. If  for some reason, you are unable to check the data, you just let the team know so they can check for that time. If you are interested in helping, please let me know and I can put you in touch with Heather.

Happy birding,
Carol Comeau
Los Osos