[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Ruddy Turnstone (3 reports)
- Red Knot (3 reports)
- Long-billed Dowitcher (2 reports)
- Common Murre (1 report)
- Mew Gull (1 report)
- Yellow-headed Blackbird (1 report)
- American Redstart (1 report)

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Nick Belardes
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "In Black-bellied Plover flock. Black bib, orange legs, marbled feathers. Orange-and-black back, short bill. Distant views. Photos."

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Kai Mills
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "In Black-bellied Plover flock. Black bib, orange legs, marbled feathers. Orange-and-black back, short bill. Photos."

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Charlotte Miranda
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "In Black-bellied Plover flock. Black bib, orange legs, marbled feathers. Orange-and-black back, short bill. Photos."

Red Knot (Calidris canutus) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Kai Mills
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Plump grey with medium-sized, straight-black bill. Photos."

Red Knot (Calidris canutus) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Nick Belardes
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Plump grey with medium-sized, straight-black bill. Distant views. Photos."

Red Knot (Calidris canutus) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Charlotte Miranda
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Plump grey with medium-sized, straight-black bill. Photos."

Long-billed Dowitcher (Limnodromus scolopaceus) (2)
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Kai Mills
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Comments: "Photos."

Long-billed Dowitcher (Limnodromus scolopaceus) (2)
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:17 by Charlotte Miranda
- Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3217375,-120.8422726&ll=35.3217375,-120.8422726
- Comments: "Photos."

Common Murre (Uria aalge) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 07:35 by Tom Edell
- Hwy 1--first parking area north of Point Piedras Blancas, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.6761218,-121.2847211&ll=35.6761218,-121.2847211
- Comments: "Alternate plumage bird seen flying for about one minute. While it view it flew behind Point Piedra Blancas Rock from right to left and then repeated this twice before I lost it the last time it flew left behind the rock. Football shaped large alcid that was dark above, white below, and had an all dark head and throat. Flew with head held above horizontal."

Mew Gull (Larus canus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 09:08 by Tom Edell
- Santa Rosa Creek mouth, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.5683274,-121.1102353&ll=35.5683274,-121.1102353
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "One year old bird loafing with mixed California Gull and Western Gull flock at the lagoon. I initially passed over this bird because it looked very similar to a year old California Gull, but on second look with a scope the smaller size and smaller thin bill in comparison to the California Gulls was obvious. In addition to the size and shape of the bill it was dark toward the tip and pale toward the base. The wings was bleached and worn with white wing panels, dark primaries, a gray back, and white head and underparts. I did not note the leg color though the one poor distant photo I took from the parking lot shows they are pink. I intended walk down onto the beach to photograph the bird but the flock flushed and it flew north with a couple of year old California Gulls."

Yellow-headed Blackbird (Xanthocephalus xanthocephalus) (1)
- Reported Jun 15, 2021 19:20 by marlin harms
- Stenner Creek Rd., ~1/2 mile from Highway One, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3174556,-120.6815864&ll=35.3174556,-120.6815864
- Comments: "Distinct yellow head and breast. It appeared a little duller than other adult males I've seen, so I'm wondering if it was a 2nd year male or perhaps just in worn plumage."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 16, 2021 08:29 by Eric Wier
- Pismo SB--Oceano Campground, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1085767,-120.6265268&ll=35.1085767,-120.6265268
- Comments: "Warbler, mostly black, with orange patches on “shoulders,” wings and tail; white belly. Constantly singing from willows on west side of paved maintenance road."