[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Least Bittern (1 report)
- Cedar Waxwing (1 report)
- American Redstart (1 report)

Least Bittern (Ixobrychus exilis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 13, 2021 09:41 by David Nickerson
- Oceano County Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1057118,-120.6255312&ll=35.1057118,-120.6255312
- Comments: "2nd attempt today was a success. Observing from the bridge, at around 9:44am I heard the distinctive, low-register "coo-coo-coo" song coming from the reeds on the island. The bird continued to sing, off and on, for the next 15 minutes or so. I have a recording of the song, which admittedly is difficult to pick out among the din of the Grackles. : )"

Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) (6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 14, 2021 09:03 by Nick Belardes
- San Luis Cemetery, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2621906,-120.6704789&ll=35.2621906,-120.6704789
- Comments: "Flyover. High-pitched calls while flying. Yellow tail tips."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 13, 2021 08:06 by David Nickerson
- Pismo SB--Oceano Campground, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1085767,-120.6265268&ll=35.1085767,-120.6265268
- Comments: "Continuing. Singing in willows on the service road by the maintenance yard. I have poor photos."