FOS Warbling Vireo, Black-headed Grosbeak and Wilson's Warbler in Atascadero

Kevin Zimmer

More news of first arrivals (for our property) this spring in Atascadero. Yesterday (3/29) produced a singing Warbling Vireo and the first female Bullock’s Oriole (a couple of different males have been present for over a week) of the year. Today (3/30) we had our first Black-headed Grosbeak of the year visiting the feeders, and there was a singing male Wilson’s Warbler along Graves Creek at the north end of our property.

Lincoln’s Sparrow and 4 White-throated Sparrows are still continuing in the yard, and we’re getting a trickle of Rufous Hummingbirds.