[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Harlequin Duck (1 report)
- Barrow's Goldeneye (1 report)
- Black Skimmer (1 report)
- Chipping Sparrow (1 report)

Harlequin Duck (Histrionicus histrionicus) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Mar 21, 2021 14:08 by Linus Blomqvist
- Port San Luis, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1708616,-120.7562256&ll=35.1708616,-120.7562256
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "One continuing male and a female that as far as I can tell has not been reported from here before. The two were seen within 5 minutes in the same location and in the same light, and were distinctly different in plumage, as the photos to come shortly will show.

A count of the birds on the bay are in my checklist from Cal Poly Pier."

Barrow's Goldeneye (Bucephala islandica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Mar 21, 2021 09:30 by Tom Slater
- Pismo Creek mouth, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1340046,-120.6392555&ll=35.1340046,-120.6392555
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing duck. White crescent at base of Bill, dark head, speckled sides, slightly larger than Buffelheads"

Black Skimmer (Rynchops niger) (5)
- Reported Mar 21, 2021 17:46 by Silvia Echeverria
- 3800–3856 Avila Beach Dr, San Luis Obispo US-CA 35.17587, -120.75307, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.175866,-120.753067&ll=35.175866,-120.753067
- Comments: "Several feet in from the shore of a little inlet. Long orange beaks, one with seaweed in beak. White behind beak and neck, large birds."

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) (3)
- Reported Mar 21, 2021 07:32 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- Centennial Park/Trail--Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.6227597,-120.6695153&ll=35.6227597,-120.6695153
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Small long-tailed sparrows with rufous crown, gray cheeks, dark eyeline to gray/pinkish bill and unstreaked breast."