[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>
*** Species Summary:
- Pacific Golden-Plover (1 report)
- Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored/cismontanus) (1 report)
- Streak-backed Oriole (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in San Luis Obispo County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN36231
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (1)
- Reported Feb 22, 2021 11:27 by Mark Hays
- Point Sierra Nevada Beach, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.717177,-121.3134003&ll=35.717177,-121.3134003
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S82187203
- Comments: "Reported here recently. Flew in with another plover. They foraged together and separately for 15 or 20 minutes while we observed them. The larger one was white bellied and probably a Black-bellied Plover. And a slightly smaller one had a lot of color on its back, dark and a yellow-brown. Got good photos it appeared to be a Pacific Golden Plover . Solid gold I think 😋."
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored/cismontanus) (Junco hyemalis hyemalis/carolinensis/cismontanus) (1)
- Reported Feb 22, 2021 08:03 by Nick Belardes
- Laguna Lake Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2656069,-120.6903817&ll=35.2656069,-120.6903817
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S82169154
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. I possibly saw this bird on Feb. 14. Last firm sighting I had was on Jan. 29 (https://ebird.org/checklist/S80075366). Spotted in gazebo/frisbee golf area foraging with other Dark-eyed Juncos. Sparrows nearby too. Pink bill, dark head, back, tail, flanks. Some brown on head and back."
Streak-backed Oriole (Icterus pustulatus) (1)
- Reported Feb 22, 2021 08:00 by Jim Royer
- Islay Creek Mouth--Montana de Oro SP, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2754126,-120.8874173&ll=35.2754126,-120.8874173
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S82172756
- Comments: "Continuing male"
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert
Manage your eBird alert subscriptions: