[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Costa's Hummingbird (1 report)
- California Condor (1 report)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (1 report)
- Black Phoebe (Northern) (1 report)

Costa's Hummingbird (Calypte costae) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 20, 2021 08:25 by Jeff Miller
- 11400 Eliano St, Atascadero US-CA 35.45511, -120.62823, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.455111,-120.628227&ll=35.455111,-120.628227
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Female on a nest; tiny, slightly downcurved bill, pale gray auriculars, and white supercilium. Photos"

California Condor (Gymnogyps californianus) (1)
- Reported Feb 18, 2021 09:20 by Joshua Handler
- 3139–3649 San Simeon Creek Rd, Cambria US-CA (35.6143,-121.0711), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.614343,-121.071058&ll=35.614343,-121.071058
- Comments: "Flew overhead and toward the coast before coming back our direction. White under leading wing edge clearly visible as well as larger size when near TVs. Condors sighted here in the days preceding."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 20, 2021 09:47 by Jamie Chavez
- Bob Jones Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1886907,-120.7193907&ll=35.1886907,-120.7193907
- Comments: "Continuing sapsucker found in the Peruvian Peppertree near the maintenance building along Blue Heron Dr. at 35.183936 -120.731033. Observed the bird working some recent wells near the center trunk of the tree. Noted the red crown, extensive red on nape, red throat, black and white facial pattern, and the two white vertical rows on the back."

Black Phoebe (Northern) (Sayornis nigricans [nigricans Group]) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 20, 2021 11:37 by K Weaver
- 535 Mehlschau Rd, Nipomo US-CA (35.0618,-120.4748), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.06184,-120.474766&ll=35.06184,-120.474766
- Comments: "One bird sitting on arbor in backyard of Dana Powers house in Nipomo. Owner stated he often sees this species “seems to live there , not just flying through “, eating insects on his back lawn . I saw one at my home several miles away yesterday , sitting on my fountain . Was in process of looking up to identify when it flew away . So did not report. black head, eyes , white chest . True to picture in bird book ."