Re: Where are the hummers?

Kaaren Perry

We are experiencing the same thing here at our home in Morro Bay.  A few weeks back they were buzzing all around, 5-6 at a time, emptying our feeders in a short order etc.  My thoughts are that our recent rain and wind storms may have either moved them on or they may have met with a fatal injury. Such strong winds and rains are pretty rough on such little birds.  I do believe that we will have hummers again before too long visiting our feeders. Anna's should soon be tending nests in our neighborhoods.

Nothing scientific, just my thoughts!

Kaaren

On Feb 17, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Susan Crawford <dreamzville@...> wrote:

I am in SLO on Orcutt Rd. near Laurel. I have fresh nectar out but no hummers for at least a week? Any ideas?

 Susan C.
San Luis Obispo

--
Dreamzville.com (Home of Dreamzville Radio), San Luis Obispo.