[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Harlequin Duck (1 report)
- Barrow's Goldeneye (1 report)
- Ruddy Turnstone (1 report)
- Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (1 report)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (3 reports)
- Tropical Kingbird (3 reports)
- Savannah Sparrow (Large-billed) (1 report)

Harlequin Duck (Histrionicus histrionicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 15:42 by Norman Pillsbury
- Cal Poly Pier, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1770149,-120.7413109&ll=35.1770149,-120.7413109
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing."

Barrow's Goldeneye (Bucephala islandica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:53 by Norman Pillsbury
- Pismo Creek mouth, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1340046,-120.6392555&ll=35.1340046,-120.6392555
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing."

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 21, 2021 09:40 by Petra Clayton
- Estero Bluffs SP, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4484114,-120.9437799&ll=35.4484114,-120.9437799
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Overall mottled brown, unlike the overall black Black Turnstones nearby; facial pattern with more white than Black Turnstones; bright orange legs."

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:30 by Norman Pillsbury
- Cuesta Canyon Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.293742,-120.6439451&ll=35.293742,-120.6439451
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 08:41 by Norman Pillsbury
- Bob Jones Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1886907,-120.7193907&ll=35.1886907,-120.7193907
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 08:30 by Rick Saval
- Bob Jones Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1886907,-120.7193907&ll=35.1886907,-120.7193907
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photo."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:43 by Maggie Smith
- Bob Jones Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1886907,-120.7193907&ll=35.1886907,-120.7193907
- Comments: "continuing male in Peruvian pepper near maintenance buildings; extensive red on throat with incomplete black border."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:52 by Nick Belardes
- Laguna Lake Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2656069,-120.6903817&ll=35.2656069,-120.6903817
- Comments: "Continuing. Last seen by me on Jan. 18 (https://ebird.org/checklist/S79516746). Spotted by Kai Mills and also viewed by Mike Bush (see their reports for additional details). I saw a kingbird-sized flycatcher exit its roost from a tree next to the second dock. I wasn’t able to distinguish field marks. Both Kai and Mike spotted its notable details. I saw the bird fly eastward."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:52 by Mike Bush
- Laguna Lake Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2656069,-120.6903817&ll=35.2656069,-120.6903817
- Comments: "Continuing. Last seen by me on Jan. 18 (https://ebird.org/checklist/S79516746). Spotted by Kai Mills and also viewed by Mike Bush (see their reports for additional details). I saw a kingbird-sized flycatcher exit its roost from a tree next to the second dock. I wasn’t able to distinguish field marks. Both Kai and Mike spotted its notable details. I saw the bird fly eastward."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Jan 22, 2021 07:52 by Kai Mills
- Laguna Lake Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2656069,-120.6903817&ll=35.2656069,-120.6903817
- Comments: "Continuing. Last seen by me on Jan. 18 (https://ebird.org/checklist/S79516746). Spotted by Kai Mills and also viewed by Mike Bush (see their reports for additional details). I saw a kingbird-sized flycatcher exit its roost from a tree next to the second dock. I wasn’t able to distinguish field marks. Both Kai and Mike spotted its notable details. I saw the bird fly eastward."

Savannah Sparrow (Large-billed) (Passerculus sandwichensis rostratus/atratus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jan 21, 2021 09:28 by Herb Elliott
- Santa Maria River Estuary (SLO Co.), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9722359,-120.6456667&ll=34.9722359,-120.6456667
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "... larger body, duller coloration, and much larger bill compare to a typical Savannah Sparrow."