Re: Sage Thrasher

Chris Van Beveren

I can remember when the San Fernando Valley chapter used a Phone Tree notification system.

Chris Van Beveren
Beck Travel
565 Baywood Way

Los Osos CA 93402

Phone:  805 439-2023

becktravel@...

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 08:34:08 AM PST, Kaaren Perry <surfbird1@...> wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, Norma!  Many of us who have been birding since before there was an ebird, (yes youngsters and new comers there was a time ;-)  truly appreciate when a post comes in on slocobirding.  Slocobirding community members know the post comes to us as soon as it is posted.  When received we don't have to click through any of links, maps etc. to find out what is being seen and where.  We can get directly back to the sender and find out more if we need directions, more details about the sighting and can share information to the group if desired. No lag time. Searching the archives to read details about past sightings submitted over the years is easy.

The birding world is extremely lucky today to have so many venues available to us to report and record bird sightings - slocobirding, ebird, facebook etc etc etc. In the 'ole days some of us may remember leaving bird alert messages on little slips of paper tacked up on community bulletin boards!

My thanks to all slocobirding members for reporting their sightings and queries to our slocobirding group.

And big thanks to Mike Stiles for moderating and continuing our slocobirding site!

There's always something to be thankful for.   Today, this is mine!

Kaaren
Morro Bay
ps. See link below to join. Tell a friend!

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:09 PM, Norma Wightman <norma.wightman@...> wrote:

Saw the sage thrasher at 3:30 p.m. today at El Dorado St. across from Sea Pines G.C. flying from a yard up to the roof top. Posed for a good minute or more. I think it had been spotted earlier today  in the dune habitat nearby.