[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-eyed Vireo (4 reports)
- Blackpoll Warbler (3 reports)

Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) (1)
- Reported Sep 13, 2020 07:21 by Jeff Miller
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Comments: "Continuing; vireo with green back, white underneath, gray cap, white supercilium, relatively long bill"

Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 16:12 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Found by Will Knowlton and Tom Edell earlier in the day. Likely the same bird photographed by Jay Carroll on 9/7/2020 and reported at this location this year by Jim Royer on 6/6/2020. Large vireo with strong eye-line, green back, white breast, pale yellow below. Fast, direct flight between trees - basically a white-bellied missile between stops."

Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 10:49 by Tom Edell
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Comments: "located by Will Knowlton who got me on the bird. Unfortunately my views were obstructed. Compared to Hutton's and Cassin's vireos I'd seen here earlier this was a larger bird with a bigger bill. It was slowly foraging in arroyo willows near the concrete drainage headwall in the southwest section of the willow complex and I found it there twice. Both times it moved away and was hard to follow in the dense willows. In the overcast/smokey light this bird looked cream colored below with greenish wings and back, no wingbars. I never saw the face pattern (aside from the bill). Likely the same bird Jay Carroll photographed here on 7 Sep. Jim Royer found one here on 6 Jul. Will got photos of the bird."

Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 10:38 by Will Knowlton
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Photos. Most likely the same bird found here by Jay Carroll on 9/7. Observed with flock of Bushtits and chickadee's in various areas around Pecho Willows."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Sep 13, 2020 07:21 by Jeff Miller
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Comments: "Continuing; first year bird. Pale yellow face and throat into breast, dark eye line, gray on side of neck, greenish back, strong white wing bars, faint streaking down sides, white underneath with white undertail coverts. Photos"

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 10:49 by Tom Edell
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Will spotted this bird. The White wingbars stood out as did the yellow face, throat and breast, dark line through the eye, white belly and undertail coverts, and the greenish back with dark streaks. The breast was faintly streaked and Will noted the feet were yellow. The bird spent most of its time in view foraging in pine needle clusters. (Photos)"

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 10:38 by Will Knowlton
- Pecho Road Willows, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=35.3170687,-120.85271&ll=35.3170687,-120.85271
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Photos. Streaked back, two white wing bars, and yellow feet. Observed in pine on edge of willows located next to Solano St."