Re: Islay Creek

Larry Chen <lc637@...>

Hey SLO birders,

It’s been brought to my attention that my coordinates may not be compatible with folks’ homes 😂 so sorry about that!! Unfortunately, I didn’t take note of the campground numbers, but I’ll do my best to run some descriptions:

Chipping Sparrow: weedy scrub edge just past/east of main Isley Creek Campground numbers.

Virginia’s Warbler: in pines on south side of ICC, where there’s a slight rise at the foot of the hill.

Blackburnian Warbler: initially halfway between main ICC and turnaround area at end of the path, later found with Virginia’s and other warblers in south pines.

American Redstart: in cypresses just before turnaround/end of road (left side when coming in).

Again, sorry about the coordinates kerfuffle, big thank you to those who contacted me, and good luck to those trying to find the warblers.

Good birding!

Larry

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, petra schaaf <pcschaaf@...> wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thanks for spotting all the cool birds at Islay Creek campground today!

I was wondering if it is possible, in addition the the coordinates, to give the campsite numbers. Emoji

Thanks for considering!
Petra Clayton,
Los Osos

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 12:09:04 PM PDT, Larry Chen <lc637@...> wrote:

Continuing American Redstarts at Islay Creek Campground, around here (35.2751786, -120.8816903). We only had the immature, but others had the adult male around briefly too. Blackburnian Warbler round here (35.2744727, -120.8820353), relocated with large flock here (35.2731920, -120.8833864). Virginia’s Warbler with large flock at same spot. Chipping Sparrow in brushy area around (35.2742455, -120.8826431).

--
Larry Chen
Curatorial Assistant at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology