Re: Oceano OSVRA peitition? & birds

Jeff Miller

Not sure who is circulating the petition, but you might try Oceano Beach Community Association:

https://oceanobeach.org/

Anyone interested in protecting Oceano Dunes and Oso Flaco, and snowy plovers and least terns from off-road vehicles should sign up with the Dunes Alliance and/or People for the Dunes. These are the coalition of groups working to protect Oceano and Oso Flaco from State park’s destructive off-roading plans:

https://www.dunesalliance.com/help-protect-our-dunes

https://www.peopleforthedunes.org/

You will get email and action alerts when State Parks releases their damaging public works plan for Oso Flaco (expected out this month), which would route off-road traffic through Oso Flaco, destroy the best birding spot in SLO County, expand off-roading into endangered shorebird habitat, and build a campground, race track, and other infrastructure. And their “Habitat Conservation Plan” which will actually expand off-roading and make conditions worse for protected bird species.

There is also a Protect Oso Flaco Lake list serve, ProtectOsoFlacoLake@groups.io

To keep this post about bird sightings, birded Arroyo Grande Creek mouth this morning – shearwaters were close enough to shore to identify them as Sooty Shearwaters. At the Oceano Campground I had a Black-andWhite warbler and 2 American redstarts.

Jeff Miller

Los Osos