[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-breasted Merganser (2 reports)
- Vaux's Swift (1 report)

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (2)
- Reported Jul 27, 2020 19:17 by Sarah Toner
- Santa Maria River Estuary (SLO Co.), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9722359,-120.6456667&ll=34.9722359,-120.6456667
- Comments: "Two moving through the water just W of white pelican roost spot. Slim, dark-headed mergansers with fine bills, wispy crests, and no hint of white chin spot. See Santa Barbara co. checklist for photos. Moved into SLO co. as we watched."

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (2)
- Reported Jul 27, 2020 19:17 by Larry Chen
- Santa Maria River Estuary (SLO Co.), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9722359,-120.6456667&ll=34.9722359,-120.6456667
- Comments: "Two moving through the water just W of white pelican roost spot. Slim, dark-headed mergansers with fine bills, wispy crests, and no hint of white chin spot. See Santa Barbara co. checklist for photos. Moved into SLO co. as we watched."

Vaux's Swift (Chaetura vauxi) (2)
- Reported Jul 27, 2020 18:41 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- Atascadero Wastewater Treatment Ponds--no internal access, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4816927,-120.6434119&ll=35.4816927,-120.6434119
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Pair flying together vocalizing. Small, brownish swifts with rapid wing beat and straight trailing wing edges."