Leucistic Turkey Vulture

Peggy

I think I have a leucistic Turkey Vulture that has been around for 2 seasons (we named him Whitey, since he seems to live here). It has white feathers surrounding its neck but otherwise appears to be a normal looking TUVU.
Just today I saw what I presume to be a juvenile TUVU with a black head and a white patch of feathers just on the right side of his neck.
Is leucism in TUVUs becoming more common?, is this a likely offspring of Whitey?
Just curious if anyone has any knowledge they can share about this.
Thanks so much,

--
Peggy
Arroyo Grande