Red-necked Phalaropes

William Bouton

Thanks to Kaaren’s post re the Red-necked Phalaropes along Turri Road, and to Jim Van Beveren’s directing me to the correct pond, early this afternoon I was finally able to photograph both the spectacularly-colored males and the more subtly beautiful female that were present. I have often been away from SLO Co during the time of year that the alternate plumaged adults are moving north, but this year, due to the pandemic I am present for the shorebird migration. One of the females today present at the Turri Rd location was present yesterday at the Alva Paul wetland.

For anyone interested in viewing the resulting images, check out

Bill

Bill Bouton
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 USA