Oceano Dunes

Bob Chapman

Morning coffee break...

The Santa Lucia winds have been rather strong this week and come midmorning there is a lull as they shift to the familiar offshore northwesterly's. When this occurs the gull push begins. Yesterday, posted up on observations, a quarter mile distant from the shore a large hooded gull species was spotted traveling with a group of California gulls. They dipped below eye level quickly and I could not positively ID the species. I thought perhaps Sabine's but cannot say the striking mantle pattern stood out. Oh well, another ???

Today a Black-necked Stilt was present on the shore near Post #4.

Bob Chapman
Oceano Dunes