moon counts

Eric Johnson <e.johnson31@...>

All the trigonometry aside, it seems to me that the height of the birds will affect your count. Low birds passing
very close to you may be missed, high ones less often. After all, you have a cone of observation starting at your
scope and widening out at the moon. Maybe it's not enough to matter? If it does, then early evening counts
should be lower than later, since we know migrants tend to climb through the night (radar observations). And
does the angle at which you are observing affect your count? Seems to me you'd see more at low angles (moon
near the horizon) than directly overhead (or as direct as the moon can be). Any revelations from the geometers?

Eric