Re: Morning Migrant Movement

Thomas Slater

I typically have 30+ WC sparrows. Now I have 2. They must have left the building. Do you see them in mass exodus?

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 2:05 PM, Brad Schram <gonebrdn@...> wrote:

The morning flight of migrants over Deer Canyon, Arroyo Grande this
morning could best be characterized as "modest".  Passerine numbers,
other than swallows, were low as were raptors generally, VAUX'S SWIFTS
showed a modest push with 35 by 9AM.  Six WESTERN KINGBIRDS were seen
moving as were TREE SWALLOWS rather consistently.  Small flocks of
BAND-TAILED PIGEONS & CEDAR WAXWINGS were infrequent, but I only had two
warblers all morning; no tanagers or grosbeaks made an appearance.

Notable migrants included a MERLIN & two PURPLE MARTINS.  The species
total from the terrace this morning tallied 46.

Brad Schram
Arroyo Grande