Chiming in on the today's migrant reports.

Kaaren Perry

I headed to Cottontail Creek Rd/Whale Rock this morning hoping that the change in the weather might have brought in a few interesting migrants.  I stopped at the entrance to Cottontail Creek Road and spent the next 45 minutes at that one location.  Birds!

Migrants were moving about on both sides of the road. A few of the more notable are - Western Wood -Pewee, Ash-throated Flycatcher, Western Kingbird, Warbling Vireo, Swainson’s Thrush, Bullock’s Oriole, Nashville Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Black-throated Gray Warbler, Wilson’s Warbler and Black-headed Grosbeak.  Most all were seen and/or heard moving in the large oak trees just off the road.

Returning home I was surprised to find a Hammond’s Flycatcher flitting around just outside our window.  A single male Rufus Hummer continues.

Complete lists and a few photos on my ebird checklists for today.  I also put up a short video with the photos on my flickr site.

Cottontail Creek Rd. -  https://ebird.org/checklist/S67245320