[eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Greater White-fronted Goose (1 report)
- Calliope Hummingbird (3 reports)
- Solitary Sandpiper (4 reports)
- Hammond's Flycatcher (2 reports)
- Green-tailed Towhee (1 report)

Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 09:42 by Norman Pillsbury
- The Lakes (Private - No public Access), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.514975,-120.67369&ll=35.514975,-120.67369
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Sitting in the middle of the road."

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 15:00 by Anonymous eBirder
- Home, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.6073825,-120.6696477&ll=35.6073825,-120.6696477
- Comments: "Saw at least one, a male. It perched twice briefly on the neighbors’ pine tree awaiting a chance to feed at any one of their feeders. Both times he perched, I got an unobstructed look at him at close-ish range through binos, albeit brief. Distinguished by petite size, green head with streaked deep fuchsia/magenta thoat. Those throat feathers are what really gave it away for me. I may have seen the female briefly as well, perched in the cherry tree in my backyard. Unremarkable except for it’s teeny size, which I only noted after it was chased by a Rufous/Allen’s. The female, and nor did the male, come to any of my feeders, which were being dominated by a few Rufous at the time."

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 16:56 by Norman Pillsbury
- The Lakes (Private - No public Access), San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.514975,-120.67369&ll=35.514975,-120.67369
- Comments: "Continuing. See photos."

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 08:15 by Roger Zachary
- Zachary's Property, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.5218007,-120.6933761&ll=35.5218007,-120.6933761
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Migrating hummer"

Solitary Sandpiper (Tringa solitaria) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 08:15 by Norman Pillsbury
- Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.48937,-120.671&ll=35.48937,-120.671
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Photos"

Solitary Sandpiper (Tringa solitaria) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 08:15 by Jeff Miller
- de Anza Trail - Central Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.49877,-120.6559105&ll=35.49877,-120.6559105
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Photos"

Solitary Sandpiper (Tringa solitaria) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 06:38 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- de Anza Trail - Central Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.49877,-120.6559105&ll=35.49877,-120.6559105
- Media: 2 Photos

Solitary Sandpiper (Tringa solitaria) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 13, 2020 17:03 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- de Anza Trail - South Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4874054,-120.6409125&ll=35.4874054,-120.6409125
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Bird observed foraging in river and on bank where its food included minnow-sized fish.&#96;&#96;"

Hammond's Flycatcher (Empidonax hammondii) (1)
- Reported Apr 13, 2020 11:30 by Jeanette Stone
- Cerro Alto Campground, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4272109,-120.7491446&ll=35.4272109,-120.7491446
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Overall Gray color, complete eye-ring, short smallish bill, long primary projection, yellow wash to belly"

Hammond's Flycatcher (Empidonax hammondii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 13, 2020 06:53 by Pair of Wing-Nuts
- Stadium Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4904526,-120.6586039&ll=35.4904526,-120.6586039
- Media: 3 Photos, 1 Audio

Green-tailed Towhee (Pipilo chlorurus) (1)
- Reported Apr 14, 2020 06:20 by Jeri Edwards
- stagecoach property, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.1387443,-120.5614262&ll=35.1387443,-120.5614262
- Comments: "Continuing. Sunrise visitor"