More gull reports from north coast

Kaaren Perry

This morning I took a drive from Morro Bay up the north coast to see what gulls I might see at the Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal overlook and a few other ocean view pullouts along the way.

From the Elephant Seal boardwalk there were several species of gulls seen including Western, California, Glaucous-winged, Herring, Ring-billed and a striking almost pure white 1st winter Glaucous Gull.  The Glaucous Gull may have been the very best/closest encounter I have ever had.

Six gull species while standing in one spot!   Various ages were represented and I didn’t even need my scope!  The morning high tide may have helped bring them in closer to view.

I have put a few photos up on flickr from today.