Feeder birds

Chris Van Beveren

We are having daily visits from both American and Lesser Goldfinches, after a long absence. Also a couple of Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Townsend's Warbler, and a Lincoln's Sparrow have joined the usual House Sparrows and White-crowned Sparrows. House Finches not as common as prior years. On the ground our regulars are California Towhees and sometimes California Quails. Very few doves compared to prior years. Black Phoebes and a Say's Phoebe like the fence next door. We are hearing but rarely seeing a Red-breasted Nuthatch - did spot him once. Flocks of European Starlings and Red-winged Blackbirds drop in for a quick snack often as well. American Crows are around but not interested in the feeder. Our Nuttall's pair that possibly have a nest in a large tree close by sometimes drop in to peck at the suet feeder.

Chris Van Beveren
Beck Travel
565 Baywood Way

Los Osos CA 93402