Blackpoll Warbler and other migrants at Oceano Campground yesterday (9/12)

Kevin Zimmer

After partaking of the tern & jaeger spectacle yesterday morning, I stopped by Oceano Campground to check for migrant passerines. I parked on Coolidge, and walked the loop around the lagoon and through the campground.

Not a lot going on, but the highlight was a Blackpoll Warbler (photographed) and a single Hermit Warbler. I also had 4 Orange-crowned Warblers, 2 Townsend’s Warblers, 1 Wilson’s Warbler, 1 Warbling Vireo, and 1 Western Tanager. Also, 2 very vocal Red-breasted Nuthatches working the big pines out on the peninsula. The Blackpoll was in the same area.

Kevin J. Zimmer