Re: Pismo Beach BURROWING OWL

Victoria Morrow

Hi Mitch,

Thanks so much for your first rate description.  I went to that spot this morning and after having no luck from the beach, I walked back up the steps to the street, stopped by the little trees and looked down from above.  Bingo!  Perched there close by was the little gem.  It was in shadow but clearly visible when I arrived about 8:20 and soon after the sun arrived and lit it up.

Vicki

On Dec 17, 2018, at 6:01 PM, mitchpefa via Groups.Io <mitchpefa@...> wrote:

Yesterday around noon, there was an adult burrowing owl perched among a spindly group of young tobacco trees growing on the bluff at the western terminus of Wadsworth street in Pismo Beach. It flew down and perched in front of a small crevice/pot hole  under a chunk of concrete below the trees. It was approximately 40 feet from the public restroom facility and about 3/4 of the way up the slope from the beach sand below.

Mitch Siemens
Arroyo Grande