skimmer, MB

marlin harms

This morning between rains I took a short walk on the boardwalk at the Morro Bay State Park marina and came upon Dave Keeling, who immediately pointed out a Black Skimmer in flight.  We watched it a bit and I got distracted by a Peregrine Falcon, which chased flocks of shorebirds and eventually encountered another Peregrine and then a third one.  The rain began by then, just before 10:00, and I started to leave.  As I walked away a few paces I saw an adult Bald Eagle flying over the bay.  Quite a show for just a few minutes of walking.

Marlin Harms
Morro Bay, CA